Make your Mark in Global Health and Become our Next SYP Ambassador!
- Applicants will create a short video (2 minutes or less) in English or French on how innovation and technology contribute towards NTD elimination strategies. Video submissions will be assessed based on subject knowledge, creativity, use of visual elements and communication technique. Videos should be engaging and can be animated or include images and storytelling. For an example, please take a look at previous SYP Ambassadorship videos by Deborah Ola in 2022 in English, and Maëla Séguin in 2021 in English and in French
- Please save your video as a file called yourname-cnntd-SYP-2024.
- Upload your video to your Google Drive and share with email@example.com. For more information on setting up a personal Google Drive, and uploading and sharing files, see Google Drive Help
- All entries will be evaluated by 5 or more reviewers including our most recent SYP Ambassador. After initial review of the submitted videos, CNNTD will contact the references of the most suitable candidates.
- Only one submission per candidate will be accepted.
- Only one successful candidate will be selected, and will be awarded an honorarium.
- Application deadline is by midnight EST, March 31st, 2024.
- Implement and encourage awareness of NTDs within the student and young professional community in Canada.
- Take a lead in engaging with peers on the issue of NTDs, especially on social media.
- Participate in CNNTD meetings.
- Complete a one-page reflection following the ambassadorship.
- Perform other related duties as agreed with their supervisor.
The Canadian Student and Young Professional Ambassador will be:
- A person with great communication skills
- Between the ages of 16 and 29
- A Canadian citizen, an international student studying in Canada or a permanent resident
- Bilingual (English and French) preferred
With the following experience or skills:
- Understanding or interest in global or public health issues.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Leadership skills.
For more information, contact: