The World Health Organization (WHO) is seeking experts to serve as members of the Strategic and Technical Advisory Group for Neglected Tropical Diseases (STAG-NTD). STAG-NTD is the main advisory body to World Health Organization in this field, making policy and strategic recommendations to WHO, based on independent reviews of progress made and challenges faced by programmes and partners, with the aim of facilitating the achievement of the targets and milestones set by the NTD road map 2021–2030.
The STAG-NTD will normally meet in person once a year at WHO Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, usually for 2-3 days. Depending on the issues at stake, additional interim meetings may be organized in the course of the year. The working language of the STAG-NTD is English.
Who can express interest?
The STAG-NTD is multidisciplinary, with members having a range of technical knowledge, skills and experience relevant to NTDs and of the challenges faced by programmes and partners within the context of health systems in NTD-endemic countries. Up to approximately 20 members may be selected.
WHO welcomes expressions of interest from individuals with knowledge, skills and experience in:
- Health systems and programme delivery
- Health policy
- Social science
- One health
- Vector control
- Water and sanitation
- Health economics
- Pricing, procurement, needs estimation and/or regulation of medicines;
- Country-level planning and implementation of cross-cutting activities.
Submitting your expression of interest
To register your interest in being considered for this role, please submit the following documents by 24:00h (midnight) Geneva time on 16 July 2022 to email@example.com using the subject line “Expression of interest for the STAG-NTD”:
- A cover letter, indicating your motivation to apply and outlining how you satisfy the selection criteria. Please note that, if selected, membership will be in a personal capacity. Therefore do not use the letterhead or other identification of your employer);
- Your curriculum vitae; and
- A signed and completed Declaration of Interests (DOI) form for WHO Experts, available at https://www.who.int/about/ethics/declarations-of-interest.
For complete information on this opportunity, please visit the WHO webpage: https://www.who.int/news-room/articles-detail/call-for-experts-who-stag-ntds